A lot has been said about the power of the mind and how humans have not fully maximized its potentials. For years, scientists have tried to determine ways of accessing whatever hidden resources that are stored in the mind.
One of the results of these efforts is what we know today as nootropics or smart pills. What exactly are nootropics? According to an explanation you can find here, these refer to drugs and supplements that help improve the functions of the brain. This is why they are commonly called smart pills.
They are supposed to enhance cognitive functions, improve focus and memory as well as creativity and other executive brain functions.
Our focus here is not on the entire subject of nootropics but on a particular product known as Mind Lab Pro (MLP). We shall do a quick review to help you ascertain if it is something you will want to use.
What is Mind Lab Pro?
This is a supplement developed by Opti-Nutra, a health products manufacturing company based in the UK. According to the company, this product was designed to be a universal nootropic.
In clarifying the idea behind this product, the company explained that the brain is a complex organ with several pathways. It went on to note that several of the nootropics currently available only targeted a few of these pathways.
The result was, therefore, a narrowed-down solution for a complex situation. The aim with MLP was therefore to provide a nootropic that targeted as many neural pathways as possible. This was the only way to unlock the full capacity of the mind.
The different pathways targeted by this stack include the following:
- Chemistry – This controls memory, the speed at which information is processed, attention, mood, motivation, and others.
- Regeneration – This is charged with the nourishment, maintenance, and repairs of brain cells to ensure continued mental health.
- Energy Supply – The brain needs a lot of energy to function optimally. This pathway ensures a continued supply of energy for its various functions.
- Circulation – Two things need to circulate efficiently around the brain. These are oxygen which is carried by the blood and nutrients. This pathway ensures the delivery of these items while at the same time removing harmful toxins.
- Protection – There are toxins and other things that are constantly trying to harm the brain. The function of this pathway is to combat these.
- Brain Waves – There is a state that the brain functions best in. When the brain waves are in the alpha frequency, it is alert, calm, productive, creative and absorptive.
The above are the six pathways that Mind Pro Lab was designed to target.
To achieve this lofty goal, Opti-Nutra developed a formula that combined several ingredients into a nootropic stack that simultaneously targeted these different pathways, unlocking its full potential for optimum performance.
In the next section, we shall quickly look at the different ingredients that make up this stack.
What’s in it?
The following are some of the active ingredients used in the stack and the pathways they act on:
- Citicoline – All six pathways;
- Phosphatidylserine (PS) – Energy supply, brain chemicals, neuroprotection, and regeneration;
- Bacopa Monnieri – Chemicals, circulation, and neuroprotection;
- Lion’s Mane – Neuroprotection and regeneration;
- Pine Bark Extract – Energy, protection, regeneration and circulation;
- L-Tyrosine – Chemicals and protection;
- L-Theanine – Chemicals, brain waves, and protection;
- Rhodiola – Energy, brain chemicals, and protection;
- Vitamin B6 – Energy, chemicals, circulation, and protection;
- Vitamin B9 – Brain chemicals, circulation, and protection;
- Vitamin B12 – Energy, chemicals, circulation, and protection.
Does it work?
It is one thing to claim that a product does one thing or the other but another thing for this claim to be true. In many cases, these two do not agree. Marketing hypes have been known to make products into what they really are not.
For MLP, the reviews have been off the charts. We are talking about reviews from folks from all works of life; medical practitioners, athletes, students, attorneys, gamers and practically everyone else.
In every case, each person testified to increased focus and ability to get whatever tasks they were engaged in done with better results. You can also read an independent review here. Given everything we have read so far, there is no doubt that this product holds a lot of promise.
So if you are a student, a creative person, sportsperson, professional in any field, or you need to improve your focus, memory, and recall, thinking and problem-solving abilities and practically anything that requires the full involvement of your brains, then you may just want to consider this product.